Thursday, December 8, 2022

Day 6

 Read 

Isaiah 40

And the glory of the Lord will be revealed,

    and all people will see it together.

For the mouth of the Lord has spoken. - Isaiah 40:5

Consider

In Isaiah’s day, they leveled the mountains and filled up the low places to make a new highway for the king. To prophetically make the way for Jesus, John the Baptizer quoted this passage and the people of his day had to clear out a completely different kind of path. Advent means coming or arrival. Traditionally, the two great aspects of this is waiting with expectation and preparing to receive Him. Perhaps this year is a good time to make a new way for the King in your life. Is the way clear for Him to guide us? Is there any obstacle that would keep me from following Him closely? If I take a good look at the world in which I live, the circumstances of my day to day life…is there anything that would complicate His reign over me? 


Wonder

How am I preparing for the King’s arrival?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 6

  Read  Isaiah 40 And the glory of the Lord will be revealed,     and all people will see it together. For the mouth of the Lord has spoken....